Upgrade or update of cubase 7 towards Cubase 10 - Windows 7 or 10 ?

Hello,
I’m getting ready to maybe buy an upgrade or upgrade Cubase with a
promotion valid until tomorrow and

• I would like to know what you advise me between one or the other:
    I have cubase 7 (7.5) installed on my computer.
  • if i buy the upgrade, will i have to reinstall all my plug-ins for them
    to keep running?
  • If I buy the update, will the already installed VST plug-ins and
    instruments still work?
  • Since there is no installation DVD, the cubase 10 license will install
    automatically on the USB dongle?
  • In case of problem or change of computer, could I reinstall without
    problem cubase 7 and its improvement to cubase 10? (Will I have a copy of
    the update or the Cubase 10 upgrade that can be saved and reinstalled?
  • My computer is in windows 7 … Is it necessary or better to upgrade to Windows 10 to use Cubase 10?
    -Thank you for your prompt reply so that I can take advantage of this
    promotional offer!

Hi Christophe,

• if i buy the upgrade, will i have to reinstall all my plug-ins for them to keep running?

No, the 3rd party plug-ins on your system should remain in the default plug-in folders and should still work.

• Since there is no installation DVD, the cubase 10 license will install automatically on the USB dongle?

You either have to download the full version using the Steinberg Download Assistant or purchase an additional media pack:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/accessories/media_packs.html

• In case of problem or change of computer, could I reinstall without problem cubase 7 and its improvement to cubase 10? (Will I have a copy of the update or the Cubase 10 upgrade that can be saved and reinstalled?

You do not need to install Cubase 7 anymore as the Cubase Pro 10 comes as a full installer.

• My computer is in windows 7 … Is it necessary or better to upgrade to Windows 10 to use Cubase 10?

It is not necessary but recommended keeping in mind that Windows 7 will be an unsupported operating system next year and we will focus on Windows 10 for upcoming releases as well.

Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply !
OK for the information.
I just have another question:
I just bought this Cubase 10 update.
I am still on Windows 7.
Can I wait a few months to upgrade to Windows 10 and install this update and get a warranty if it does not work, and if so, how long does this warranty last from the date of purchase?

You can definitely wait and install/activate your purchase at a later date. Some say they will wait for the next version of CB to be released so that they will receive that version during the “Grace period”.

As far as a warranty on software goes. I attached a link to the official terms and conditions. But, as far as I can tell, the Steinberg Shop which is run by “asknet” would probably work with you. BTW… it is doubtful that Cubase will not work on your Win 10 computer. So I would not worry about that.

https://shop.steinberg.net/c/shop?ml=EN&page=policy.terms

Regards :sunglasses: