Upgrade recomendations

Hi all.
so i have a computer. buildt it myself some years ago.
specs are as follows:
MSI Z370 Gaming M5, Socket-1151
Intel(R) Core™ i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz (6 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Ballistix Sport DDR4 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4gb ram
Win 10 64bit

now i have my focusrite, my Yamahas monitors and all that great stuff. but as i am not into oc and that great stuff, im wondering what you think i should upgrade in what order. stuff costs money, and with 4 kids i have to take it slow u know. i was thinking of the cpu, maybe getting a i7-9700K.
cubase is being used with VSL and EW. and it does shut down unexpectedly some times. just need to know if i am considering the right thing here. as i do video work as well the graphics card will be changed sometime, but now i want the audio part to run ok. yeah i rly want a whole new box

thanx in advance :slight_smile:

The big question is if the upgrade will give you a significant boost. And I don’t think you will have any kind of bennifit.
I would rather investigate why your system is shutting down. Sounds more like some OS or setup issues.

Maybee dig into and check if alle your drivers are the ones who are the best for your system.
But since you are asking what I would recommend. Depending on your OS, I would add some more ram and change the soundcard to a Prism Sound.

ah copy that. ima do some digging. maybe even sniff on a full reinstall. should save up for a new system i recon. :confused:

thank you for the reply m8.