Upgrading from Artist 7.5 to Cubase 7.5

I purchased the upgrade to Cubase 7.5 from Artist 7.5. I managed to update the key elicenser and register it. But how to I actually upgrade the software. I can’t find any downloads for this step.

The downloads are on this page… see the section toward the bottom of the page labeled: Cubase 7.5 - Complete Installation.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_75.html.

You need to download both .iso files.

Thanks for purchasing the upgrade!
Actually you do not need to download anything. Cubase Artist 7.5 and Cubase 7.5 are part of the same installer. The license on the USB-eLicenser determines which one will be started.

After I updated the key and opened the program, in the initializing stage it appears to be trying to initialize all files in my computer then I recieve an error code c:/library path error. the program never comes up. Is there a way to fix this? If I uninstall Cubase Artist and reinstall with the updated key, will it allow me to do this and will I be at Cubase 7.5?

If this is still an issue, please delete the Cubase preferences:
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8: Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.

• In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
  • Locate the Cubase folder and remove it
  • Important: If you find folders of previous Cubase versions, make sure to hide or remove them, too.

Then use the installer to reinstall everything.

Isn’t there some HSSE content that does not come with Artist that is included in the full version?
See if you already have a “Pro set” in the HSSE libraries.
HTH
J.L.