Upgrading from Elements 9 to Pro 10

Thanks in advance for your response. I have two questions:

1. I have an iMac with two separate macOS partition installations. If I buy the Cubase Pro 10 Upgrade and install it on the “new” partition, can I continue to run Elements 9 on the “old” partition? (For that matter, could I update Elements 9 to Pro 9 with the Pro 10 license?)

2. The store page states that an “Additional USB-eLicenser required” and I already have USB licenser. I assume this means that if I already have one, I don’t need to buy a new one. Is that correct?

Thank you for your interest in the upgrade!

If you upgraded to Cubase Pro 10, you would be able to use that version on both partitions. The USB-eLicenser with the Cubase Pro 10 license is connected anyway. There is no need of a Cubase Elements 9 fallback.
And if you already have a USB-eLicenser, you do not need another one indeed.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I should have worded my question more completely. I’d prefer to finish the projects currently in progress in Elements 9, just as a precaution. :smiley:

Yes, the license would also cover Cubase Elements 9.x. Just make sure to have the eLicenser Control Center license database updated or the latest eLicenser Control Center installed on that partition as well. Otherwise Cubase Elements 9 and the eLicenser Control Center don’t recognize the Cubase Pro 10 license.

Thank you, Ed.