Upgrading from N5 EDU to N6 - few questions

Hello,

I’m an owner of N5 educational. I really need to update it already.

1. I wanted to update to 5.5 but now I see that I need to get a new activation code for my eLicener.
    Where can I get it and how?

2. If I will purchase the N6 crossgrade, is it a FULL new commercial fresh license OR the full software is still EDU and only the upgrade to N6 is full (and therefor can be move to second person or used on more than one system and so on)?

3. How can I contact directly with Steinberg about licensing questions without going through the distributer (I think he is uncertain about things and I want to make sure)

Thanx a lot :wink:

If you have registered your copy at “MySteinberg”, then the activation code should be found in your account.

As far as I know, it will be a full upgrade. But you really need to contact your local dealer for that.
Maybe, if you apply for an EDU version, wyou can get an EDU upgrade, but I’m not sure…
http://www.steinberg.net/en/education/educational_products.html

Email support is also done through your MySteinberg account.

HTH
Fredo

Thank you Fredo

If you have registered your copy at “MySteinberg”, then the activation code should be found in your account.

yes. I did that of course but no new 5.5 activation code is there.

As far as I know, it will be a full upgrade. But you really need to contact your local dealer for that.
Maybe, if you apply for an EDU version, wyou can get an EDU upgrade, but I’m not sure…

Yes. I contact my local dealer, He doesnt sure about anything. there is no EDU upgrade, just full. but does it make the WHOLE packge full commercial N6?

Email support is also done through your MySteinberg account.

In “MySteinberg” I have only “ask your distrebuter” kind of support.

Anyone?

Many, if not all of us have had to request activation codes for 5.5 here on the forum. I believe the request thread is very close to the next one down.

Ed Doll has been very quick to respond w/codes when requested. Have you tried that?

Chewy

Thanks. but as u see I have more questions than just having the 5.5 activation