Upgrading from stable CB11.0.0 to 12 appears to be impossible here, and at best, a liability

So I thought maybe I’d update.

I’ve seen many of the complaints from users who have tried to do this. So I thought I’d give myself the best chance by getting my existing eLicencer installation updated first.

So I fired it up and did as it always suggests - Maintenance.

This failed with the eLicencer crashing to desktop, 4 times.

So I thought, let’s update eLicenser to the latest version. I hit the button in the app to go to the website for the latest version.

NO RESPONSE from the website after many attempts.

What a debacle. No way am I risking £85 and a CB12 update when the existing eLicenser cannot be updated.

I’ve been on 11.0.0 ever since it came out, and have avoided even the point updates to that as 11 has been working fine here, rock stable hour upon hour, upon month, upon year. Looks like I may stay on it for a while yet with the untested, immature release which is CB12.

What a shame. Would love to get the expensive license off the dongle, but not until everything works reliably, including the update process.

The large majority of our users have been able to complete this process successfully. I’m sorry to hear it didn’t work straight away for you.

You can download the latest version of eLicenser Control Center from here: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360008841379-eLicenser-Control-Center-License-Management

Thanks. That got the eLicenser sorted.