Upgrading to C12 and keeping C10

Hi!

I am soon receiving a new MacBook Pro, switching from my old 2013 model. At the moment I use C10, and it works wonderful.
Since my new MacBook will be arriving with Monterey pre-installed, I am going to upgrade my cubase to the 12th version. Since it is a whole new OS and CPU, a lot of my plugins won’t work or be supported on the new MacBook. Therefore, I hope to be able to use both versions on the two different MacBooks during the transition to the new MacBook.

So my question is; If I upgrade from Cubase 10 to Cubase 12, will I be able to use the Cubase 12 on the new MacBook, and the Cubase 10 on the old MacBook? Or will my license for the Cubase 10 be cancelled and replaced with only the license for the Cubase 12?

Thanks for all the help in advance:)

If you upgrade your Cubase 10 licence to Cubase 12, you will retain an eLicenser licence allowing you to continue to use your old Cubase 10 installation. You can then install and activate Cubase 12 on your new MacBook.

The only issue you might run into is that only Dorico 4 and Cubase 12 are currently using the new Steinberg Licensing. If you have any other Steinberg products, such as HALion or some content packs, you can only use those on one system.