UR-RT2 Direct Monitoring Mix Control - mix knob is gone

I just received my UR-RT2 and can’t figure out how to mix the direct input signal with the Stereo Output signal. My old interface had a knob on the front where I could just control the input/DAW mix level, but the UR-RT2 does not have a mix knob. I assume the mix is now controlled via the software but can’t figure out how to do it.

I often use an Axe FX for my guitar input, so I’m not interested in using the monitor button and routing through my PC, just the latency-free direct signal being piped into the interface. I feel like this is a simple problem and I’m missing something obvious…maybe I have to route via the control room now?

1 Like

Answer: I was missing the direct monitoring check box on the studio setup page.

If it is checked and the monitor icon is selected you are monitoring direct signal from the interface and the audio channel slider controls the direct monitoring volume level.

If it is unchecked and the monitor icon is selected you are monitoring the signal chain through the DAW.

Hi jm6777
I was wondering about this interface, and I thought I saw 1 less knob than I expected…
glad you found your answer too

I was missing the direct monitoring check box on the studio setup page.

What software was this check box within? Is this a pain to access?

However my UR22 is set up… it’s working nice and that mix knob is at 12:00.
So maybe it isn’t something I change in my routine.

Just wondering as I think about purchasing.
thanks

Hello friend, can you explain to me better how you managed to solve this? I’m suffering from this problem. I can’t turn off the monitoring in my UR RT 2

Hi - First, make sure the UR-RT2 is recognized and showing up in the input/outputs under studio>audio connections. Then you have to go into the studio>studio setup and click the direct monitoring checkbox. After you do that, click the monitor button on the track where you want to record audio, making sure the correct input/output is selected under the Routing options for that track. That should do it.

Jimmy