UR12 + USB microphone impossible?

Hello Cubase community!

I have a problem with my Cubase + UR12 + USB microphone combination. See the image for my screenshots.

In order to use UR12 as the Cubase sound output, I need to have “Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO” set as my ASIO driver in the “Studio Setup” window. With that selected the USB microphone doesn’t appear as an available input in the “Audio Connections” window (even if I add a new bus).

If I switch ASIO driver to “Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver”, then the UR12 is no longer available as neither an audio input or an audio output.

I would like to have the UR12 as an audio output and both the UR12 and USB microphone as available inputs. Is this possible to do? (Seeing as I found this link https://www.estudiostar.com/product-p/steur12-bundle-2.htm it seems like it should be possible.)

(Cubase version is Elements 9.5, the USB microphone is a Blue Yeti and the operating system is Windows 10 64-bit.)

1 Like

Hi,

Cubase can use only one ASIO driver at the time.

You can use ASIO4ALL to merge both drivers to one. Then you would use the ASIO4ALL as the driver in Cubase. Be aware, you would lose all uniq original ASIO driver features.

Heya @Martin.Jirsak
will asio4all work using ur12 and a irig hd2
???
i’m pretty hopeless …

Hi,

ASIO4ALL works with any Audio Device.

Thank you very much Martin Jirsak, this was exactly what I was looking for and it worked great.

For future people reading this forum post, I went to www.asio4all.org and installed the latest version. After installation I found the user manual in the install directory (search for “ASIO4ALL v2 Instruction Manual”) which told me how to set up the ASIO4ALL thing.

PS: Just a heads up, for some reason I couldn’t activate multiple inputs until I turned on advanced settings mode (the wrench button) in the ASIO4ALL configuration.

1 Like