UR22 + Big Sur

Hey Ed, It still doesn’t work. This is going on for two months. Light blinking. No end in sight. Could someone please get on the phone with Apple and figure out why this is still happening to all of us. Ive been on the phone with them twice in three weeks for hours. V305 still doesn’t show up in our drivers in the sound preferences pane. There’s no issue with security preferences. The driver is connected to my computer directly, without a hub, and it’s recognized by the computer. I followed the instructions verbatim, unplugged devices, uninstalled old software, restarted, blah blah blah. The app is siting in the “applications” folder. But there’s no choice to select between internal speakers to the Steinberg unit in the sounds preferences on the Mac. The Steinberg USB usually shows up there, and that’s how I switch between the computers’ built-in speakers to the Steinberg and monitors I have hooked up. I am in contact with Andreas Steller, your company’s CEO. It would be great if you could fix this for us without further escalation. Thank you! My case ref is : ref:_00D30F1z._5004S2NNrM:ref

Hi Ed. Again I spent time with Apple today. They ran a replication on their machines. It’s installing a kernel extension and there is a .app into the applications folder, but it doesn’t appear on the bottom of the system preferences window with other third party control panels. We are dead in the water with this new update. Please advise. Thanks, Paul.

Anyone? Hello…o…o…o…o…o. (Tumbleweeds. Spaghetti Western music playing.) I mean NOT playing because the UR22 still doesn’t work!

Any news regarding this issue?

The latest UR22 drivers work fine with Big Sur.
I had the same issue after purchasing a new Mac mini M1. To be able to allow kernel extensions I had to reduce the security level of Big Sur (I‘m running Big Sur 1.3).

Shut down your mac. Press and hold the power button until you enter the security policy. You are then able to change the security level to “Reduced Security“. After a restart you will see the option to allow the “Yamaha Corporation“ extension.

Hope this is helpful for others who cannot get their UR22 working with Big Sur.

I am running a new M1 Mac Mini, Big Sur 11.3.1. Same issues with UR22 blinking light. Press and hold power button and get the gear. Click on the gear and I see no direct way to enter security policy. All I see are 4 options: Restore from Time Machine, Reinstall Big Sur, Safari, Disk Utility. I’m assuming Disk Utility is the way to locate the security policy, but I cannot locate it in that utility. I’m clearly doing something wrong. Help!

OK. After a bit more work and online investigation, I figured out how to access the Security Panel. After going through the steps listed above by CB_Hagen, I now have my UR22 functioning perfectly with my M1 Mac Mini. Fantastic! A big thank you to CB_Hagen.

That’s great Limeman. Glad my post was helpful.

UPDATE: It seems that the UR22 is highly unstable with Cubase (and other DAWs) and Big Sur. I’ve had crashes like never before. I guess it’s time for a replacement.

Anyone else here having issues?

I had same Issue, just disable SIP (security integrity protection)
and install older version driver (2.0.5) worked for me. Just give a try. Maybe it will help.

THANK YOU! This solved my issue where the installer would fail. I’ve put in multiple support requests and have been told someone will get back to me but no one ever has. I haven’t able to use my interface on my Mac since Catalina (two years ago). Thanks again.