UR22 Only For Midi

I am using the UR22 for midi only. I have a midi keyboard and a Windows 7 Computer. How should I set the fader that controls external and internal input? I currently have it set 100% for DAW, since I am using no external recording devices, only the midi keyboard. My speakers are M-Audio monitors with a subwoofer. I am getting sound, but am unhappy with the quality, and am wondering if I have the UR22 controls set correctly. Thanks, Michael

If you were only using the UR22 for midi then the settings would have zero effect on sound quality.

I guess you mean you are not recording through it…but you are still using it for audio playback yes??

Having that fader at 100% is fine.
What exactly is wrong with the sound?
How do the speakers sound if you use your built in audio instead of the UR?

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do use it for playback. Actually, it’s probably a mixing issue. I write for orchestra (purely a hobby), and I have got my current project sounding nice in my monitor/sub setup. But when I run it through my stereo, it sounds poorly mixed. I’m going to adjust the pan settings for starters. May get Virtual Sound Studio to add realistic depth. I just wanted to make sure I was setting that fader properly. so now I know. Hopefully I can get a better mix soon.

I have got my current project sounding nice in my monitor/sub setup. But when I run it through my stereo, it sounds poorly mixed

Yep…Poor monitoring, lack of acoustic treatment (I’m assuming) and inexperience are your problems there.