UR22C: dspMixFx says No Device Found?

Hello there! I’m using my UR22C and it works. But dspMixFx says No Device Found. What can I do?

I tried to open dspMixFx and the shutdown/turn on the device. But nothing happens.

I need to be able to solo the daw channel in dspmix. I really hope someone can help, thanks!!

Impossible to help without most basic info about your OS and setup.

Ah yes of course:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)

Processor: 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

macOS Big Sur version 11.1

The UR22C is connected with a USB-C cable. And it’s working fine, the computer is detecting it and everything when I look in System Preferences → Sound. It’s just not being seen in the dspMixFx app.

The first thing that comes to mind: did you install the drivers? Are particular permissions needed to be configured on your OS?

There might be some useful information in the UR22C manual, Configuring Audio Driver Settings on the DAW Software section.

Thanks for the answer! Yes the driver is installed. And I don’t think any permissions need to be configured. I don’t see where that should be.

There is an firmware update as well that I’ve downloaded - but it won’t install since it doesn’t recognise that the device is connected.

And the manual doesn’t give any clues :slight_smile:

What you describe sounds like the UR22C is connected via class compliant mode, which it is able to do without drivers… It’s the Yamaha USB Audio driver you need.

I’m not using my Mac theses days, so can’t check here.

1 Like

Yep that’s already installed. And now I just did it again just to be sure. And it still says “no device found”.

Have you ever had it open dspMix?