UR22C uses 24 bit instead of 32 bit quality

As the title says, my UR22C only uses 24 bit, instead of 32 bit quality. I’m using it in low latency mode, at 192kHz. Switching modes didn’t help, nor did switching buffer sizes or sample rates.
Maybe it has something to do with the USB 2.0 interface I’m using?

I’m running the latest driver (V2.03), latest firmware (1.01) and latest Windows 10 version (1909 Pro).

1 Like

Hi, where exactly do you read the use 24bit it instead of 32?

In Windows Control Panel → Sound → UR22C output → Advanced

Okay, I can see this now in W10(never use Windows for anything serious soundwise). My guess is Windows soundhandling does not go any higher than 24 bits. When you use the URC in Cubase f.e. you can easily adjust this setting.

Hi forum,

same problem here. I am using Win 11 Pro. In Windows Sound settings the dropdown of the sampling rate is preselected with the sampling rate of the UR-C panel. But its always 24Bit.

If using the Onboard sound i can easily choose between different sampling rates and resolutions from 16 bit to 32 bit.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue in windows 11. Since vista windows up samples everything to their own separate 32 bit f.p. streams, mixes them, then sends it to your sound-card in the highest bit-depth your sound card can handle. Why 24 bit is the only option for me as well I don’t know. :frowning:

Could be an issue in the driver, or a limitation of the Windows OS. On Mac OS I can set it to 32bit 192k and that’s even without any drivers installed.

1 Like

윈도우 드라이버의 문제가 아닌지 검색 하고 있었습니다.
결국 2023년에는 해결이 안되는 거 같네요.