UR24C - Lower output level on Left channel than Right channel for PHONES and MAIN output

Hi! just as the title claims, I just purchased a UR24C unit and it sounds weird from my headphones. I did some tests and find out that MAIN and PHONES output has different output levels on two channels(Left is about 10% lower than Right). I do NOT have windows sound balance changed and it does the same on my Macbook as well. After contacting my online retail store I purchased this unit from, they shipped me a new one as an exchange. but unfortunately, the new one still performs the same - Left is 5% or 6% lower than Right. Are all UR24C units designed to be like this or It’s my online retail store giving out bad units? does anyone else face these problems or never have found out that the output levels are different on the Left and Right channels?

If the units have a design flaw regarding output levels you would find millions of posts about that.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Is there anyway to fix it beside sending it back to retailer?

Hi! Sorry to hear that you have the same problem. For me I never found a solution to fix it myself, I contacted my retailer and they sent me another unit ( while the unit I purchased originally was still around). The second unit I got also have the same problem, but slightly better than the first one. However it’s still very noticeable to my hearing so I just returned both of them and purchased focusrite Scarlett 4i4 after that. I run these basic tests on all of my audio interfaces and I can confirm that only the ur24c have showed me defects like this.( I’ve tested komplete audio 1 / Arturia minifuse1/ focusrite Scarlett 4i4/ AU volt4/ rme baby face pro/ apogee boom/ Yamaha ag03/ rme ufx ii/ apogee duet 3/ UA Apollo twin x)

I sent it back to my retailer but there’s not option for cashback… I need to wait and possible they will send me unit with the same problem like few guys in here experienced presviously… It’s the worst piece of gear I have ever owned., and there’s no technical support at all. They don’t even reply to my emails I’m sending for 4 months now. The drivers are not optimilized for most of the DAWs. Two line outs are twins of main outs insteed of beeing separate. The unit is getting hot even though it has plenty of space to “breath” in my set up. DSP mixer is designed unintuitive when it comes to routing. Now I have problem with channel volume differences… Steinberg is a disaster.

1 Like

I sent it back cause I had 2 years of warranty. They sent it back after measurement saying that 2db level differences beetwen channels is something normal and it’s nothing wrong with my device and there’s nothing to fix !!!.. Can you believe that? Using headphones or speakers tehre is 2db difference in level beetwen channels and some spectral differences too, and they say it’s ok. NO NEW DEVICE, NO REPAIR, NO CASHBACK. I still can’t believe that. I think I need to talk to my lawyer…

1 Like

I found a solution. I bought new interface from audient and erased ur44c from my memory. I will never ever buy anything from steinberg anymore, and I will tell every possible human being to avoid this company at all cost. Steinberg I hope you will bunkrupt. Bye bye, see you in hell.