UR44 and usb issues (sound is crackling)

Hello,

I bought a new Asus z170-a mainboard and Steinberg UR 44.
I made a fresh install of Windows 10 pro. But even on listening mp3 with ur44, sound crackles. Especially while browsing and scrolling! I installed all usb, chipset drivers but no luck. I tried to plug ur44 to all usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports. And sound also crackles in cubase even @2048. So there is something wrong with usb ports. Are there anyone with same problems? If so is there a solution?

Thanks

I had this issue too, it was down to the network interfaces. There are a few tools you can run to isolate where the bottlenecks are… read this thread… A must-watch for users with real-time issues! - Cubase - Steinberg Forums , some of those tools are mentioned. For me, the built in Ethernet interface was the issue. all pops and crackles stopped when I disabled the interface. Most folks these days want to surf the net on their DAW, I have other machines for that, but it did bother me when I wanted to download patches, and so on, to hear that stuff. I bought a USB Ethernet adapter, left the internal one disabled, and now I can leave networking enabled, and no more noise in playback. Same goes for some Wifi setups.

Good luck.

Thanks for the explanation. But in my case it was overclocked DDR ram. If you have similar problems, make sure that your CPU or RAM are not overclocked…