UR44 - Audio interruption due to USB error is detected

Hi everyone - not a UR44 user, but I own a AG03MK2 which also uses the Yamaha Steinberg Driver. I had this issue for insanely long, trying to downgrade the drivers, updating mobo drivers etc… Found that it may be an issue with the BIOS and flashed the most recent BIOS and it helped.

I do think this is an AMD-centric issue though - seems like a Ryzen issue, but I don’t think it hurts to try.

Would like to pop in here and say I’m having these issues as well. My interface is a UR242. No issues on a previous PC but now after upgrading everything, audio constantly cuts out especially when performing graphically intensive tasks like 3D gaming, screen recording, or video encoding.

MSI B550-A Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
running Windows 10 Pro build 19045.2604

Potential fixes I’ve come across online that seemed to have worked for others:

• Downgrading Yamaha USB Driver to v2.0.3 (made no difference)
  • Turning off XMP in BIOS (does not seem to give me the option)
  • Changing which CPU cores the driver can run on using Interrupt Affinity Policy Tool (made no difference)

Leaving these here in case anyone comes around looking for fixes and this does work for them :wink:
Uninstalling the driver entirely did solve the issue but is of course not a solution as you lose access to the tools & ASIO driver.

1 Like

The downgrading of the driver is the only try that can stand here.
All other recommendations are senseless.

The real solution is to use the right USB chipset driver. Don’t let MS decide which driver is used.

The finall solution:
I sold my “old” mainboard(Asus Z690-P D4), replace with GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS ELITE AX D4 V2.
All problem gone!

1 Like

Lol.

I invested in RME.

All problems gone!