UR44- Can't choose dsp fx in cubase 7.5

Help needed.

Can’t choose any dsp fxs on edit them in cubase 7.5 mix console hardware section. The insert fx is grayed out.
Any suggestions?

thnx
Lauri

Hi Lauri -

Item 8 on page 16 of your manual … that little button on the little bead-like thingy - if it is in the “up” position it’s all grayed out … is yours in the up position?

As far as I can tell, if you want to hear the dsp fx in the cans while tracking but not record them on the track itself, the little button goes in the middle position (and the dsp fx is no longer grayed out).

And if you want to hear the fx in the cans while tracking, AND record them as well, the button goes in the bottom of the three positions.

Does that fix it?

(As far as I can tell, the Rev-X is not able to be sent to the track from the hardware panel, at least that’s what the buttons imply to me. But you can open up Rev-X as a regular old insert in an audio channel).

Also … I have been trying to get the Rev-X in the cans while tracking (that part is easy), but panned off center - that part I can’t do (While singing, I like to have a guide vocal playing in the cans, panned slightly left, and the live tracked vocal panned slightly right). If you can figure out how to do that, please let me know by posting here (or probably better, to keep the forum clean, in my other thread a few posts below at this moment)!

Hardware.jpg
Can’t change anything there. Any comments suggestions :S

The “Dim” button … just to the right and up of it, the vertical white rounded shape … the little black dot … can you slide it up and down within the white rounded shape?

No.
Only things that i can change is LoCut, phase,Rev send fx and edit, set up audio hardware phones and reverb.
Insert FX section is grayed out and does not respond.
Any ideas?

Lauri

What Alexis is trying to explain to you is in reference to your JPG. On the right side almost halfway up there is a small oval with a dot in it. This is connected with lines showing the signal routing. You should put your mouse cursor over this oval and click and drag it downwards. You should then see the channel strip appear, and the routing line change. Read (8) Effect Insertion Location on page 16 of your Manual.

Holy Hand Grenades, it’s what I did tell her! :slight_smile:

Hi Lauri -

Item 8 on page 16 of your manual …

Anyway, does that part help Lauri? If not post back, I’m pretty sure it can get working for you … :sunglasses:

Thnx you! Got it working :slight_smile:

Yay! :smiley:

Eyh guys can I ask a quick nearly out of subject question?
Can I plug my SamsonResolv 40a with classic red/white (rca, am I right?) cables?
I wanna change my m-audio 2496 to an ur série.

Thx and sorry for off topicing, lol

Do you mean S/PDIF connectors? The UR28M has S/PDIF I/O … I don’t know for sure about the others, but the product page at the top of this forum (or downloading the manuals of each kind of unit) should help you know for certain.

i’m not sure bout that spdif… more like those (so yeah its RCA): http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814&p_id=5346&seq=1&format=2