UR44 - How to connect a stereo font to Line Input 5/6?

Hello,

I’m trying to connect a stereo font (mini jack 3.5mm out) to the rear panel of my Steinberg UR44, Line Input 5/6.

First I connected a mini jack 3.5mm to jack 6.3mm only in Line Input 5, but I noticed that the sound was reproduced in mono, although it was heard on both sides of the headphones and monitors. I was using this:

Then I connected a mini jack 3.5mm to 2 jack 6.3mm in Line Input 5 and 6. But again, I noticed that the sound was reproduced in mono again, the same way than before but a bit louder. I’m using this:

Finally, I mainte this configuration, but in dspMixFx_ur44 I linked Inputs 5 and 6, and panned input 5 at maximum at left and input 6 at maximum at right like I’ve seen in this image:

My questions are:

1. Is this the correct way to do that?

2. Is this the only way to do that or there’s another possibility with other cables/configuration?

3. Not related but… Can dspMixFx_UR44.app be renamed in OS X and/or create a shortcut icon into OS X menu bar (not dock) to easy mute/enable this line input without have to use Spotlight?

Thanks!

Yes, looks ok to me.
The panning in dspMix is for direct monitoring only and has no effect on what gets recorded.

Only thing that does get recorded is the channel strip or the guitar amp effects if you choose so (ins.fx/mon.fx)