UR44 Input 1 HiZ Unbalanced Guitar Jack Problem

Hi All
After nearly a year I have tried to play guitar with the HiZ unbalanced jack on Input 1 for the first time where previously I just parked an SM57 in front of the cab and plugged in an XLR to Input 1 which still works fine. The sound is very bad distorting terribly and yet if I go into the HiZ unbalanced jack on input 2 it works and sounds great. I have tested this both on Cubase AI 7 and with the dspMixFX using Direct Monitoring and its bad on input 1 but great on input 2 all levels look good as well. I am just hoping the warranty is for a year as I’ve got about 4 weeks to get this sorted. Anyone else had this issue? Also I’ve not been that impressed by hissing in background and microphone recording quality even though I use quality equipment, how about you? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

That does sound like a hardware problem. You should contact support through http://www.steinberg.net/ before your time is up.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply, already done that but we’re getting a little close to Christmas so this might be tricky, we’ll see!

Just to let people know the unit was returned and repaired by Steinberg under warranty and was due to hardware fault.