UR44 Inputs Not Working In Cubase 8.5

I have a similar problem…UR44 interface, Roland XP-50, and Cubase Pro 8.5. I also could not figure out why I couldn’t hear the audio…tried disabling and re-enabling direct monitoring. Prior to buying the UR44, I didn’t have this issue with external midi, but I was also using a mixer with built in audio interface. This chain of posts to help solve Prez’s issue has been very helpful to me after exhausting searches through Google to find the solution. Thanks!!

Prez, I feel your pain. Cubase had no device setup for my XP-50 either. With five patch banks, two expansion cards, and numerous drum kits, that was going to be a nightmare entering all that information. I created an Excel spreadsheet that created my patch script. I found PDF files on the Internet listing my patch names and I simply copied those names into Excel, saved it as a text file, and put that file in the Cubase script directory.

That sounds like a plan. Maybe I can do the same thing because I also have an expansion card for my Roland XV-5080. Thanks for the advice. At this point, I’m going to have to go back to my ancient DAW for all of my old projects and decide later on on whether or not I’ll be getting Cubase Pro. At this point it is, sadly, a definitive “No.”

Thanks Airbud. Appreciate it.

The UR line is a great product suprise you could get trouble. Any tech in the room?

Ahhhhh Thank You Guys So Much!!!
You have no idea…
I’m just so happy it was this easy.
I was swimmin around forever in my head tryin to figure this one out. actually no… only a couple of days of tinkering.
I just finally bought Cubase Artist 8 and the UR44. There is no way I was about to give up :slight_smile:
I know it does sound kinda strange that you have to create an audio track to hear you external instrument…
But if you really want that old synth or drum machine to work and you’re not running super advanced midi…
I’d say its a small inconvenience.
Now me and my old Fantom X can get back to work.

Thank you so much for all the info everyone!!! Especially the person who posted the original question.
Thank you :slight_smile::):slight_smile:
So Awesome!!!

Trevorious