recently I tried to use my UR44 with Garageband on my iPad Air 2 (iOS 10.2.1). Garageband “sees” all the inputs (1,2,3,4,5,6,1+2,3+4,5+6) and let’s me select the audio source among them, but I just don’t manage to get any sound. For example, I plug the guitar into input 1, create a new track, select input 1, enable monitoring - but don’t get any signal into Garageband (neither on the track when recording, nor via the monitor output). I already tried to eliminate any source of error, so here is what DOES work:
- dspMixFx works just as expected
- using exactly the same setup, I get a signal from input 1 into any other app like Cubasis LE, JamUp or Audiobus
- I even get the signal from input 1 into Garageband via Audiobus
- I get a signal in Garageband from iPad’s builtin Mic if I unplug the UR44
- the UR44 works flawlessly in any way on my MacBook (Studio one and Garageband)
I also tried it on my iPhone 6 - with exactly the same behavior as described above. So I’m either just to stupid, or there is some problem with UR44 + Garageband for iOS. Strange enough, I’m sure it did work when I tried some time ago (not sure which iOS version that was back then).
BTW: UR44 firmware is the latest and greatest; Garageband version is the latest, too; the Loopback Switch is off.
Anybody else encountering a similar behavior? Or any ideas what I could have messed up?
Any hints are welcome!