UR44 Output Routing

Hello All,

I just bought a UR44 interface and I’m having some frustrations with the abilities regarding routing the outputs. What I’d like to be able to do is set up Cubase with 4 Mono outputs and 1 Stereo, with line outputs 1-4 and the main output respectively, and route different audio tracks in cubase to the different outputs independently. So for instance I have my mono guitar going out of output 1, a vocal on output 2, piano on output 3, a synth on output 4 and mix in cubase coming out the main outputs. Is this possible, from what ive been trying it hasn’t been working, if anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Justin

Hi Justin.

This is not possible.
Main out and output 1 and 2 is the same thing.

Hi Justin,

Welcome to the forums. What I’d suggest is that you look at using Group Outputs. You assign vocal tracks to a Vocal Group, Guitar Tracks to a Guitar Group, then assign the Groups to yet another group and call that “Mix Bus.” Assign the Mix Bus to the Main Outputs. This is just one way of doing things, but it provides a neat “package” sort of like a real mixing desk. I use this kind of setup in many of my own projects and find it a good way to work.

That is just one way of working with Cubase, but the use of Groups and FX channels offers a lot of flexibility with routing. Good luck.