UR44 + Pod Farm

Hi everyone :smiley:

First time buying an audio interface for my new PC, but I just need some clarification about what I am trying to achieve and whether or not the UR44 is suitable.

I want to:

• Listen to audio (music, movies, etc.),
  • Attach an xlr microphone to stream on Twitch and record YouTube videos,
  • Use real time voice effects when streaming/recording (reverb, distortion, etc.),
  • Use zero (low) latency monitoring to hear myself as the audience would hear me (with effects).

From what I’ve seen, a majority of people tend to go for the Line 6 Pod UX2 with the Pod Farm 2 software included, but I’m not too convinced about the quality of Line 6’s hardware. Steinberg’s hardware just seems to be really high quality and a solid build.

So what’s my best option?

1. Buy a UR44, hope that I can replicate the voice effects of Pod Farm using DSPMixFX and save settings (scenes?) to quickly change voice effects when needed?
  2. Buy a UR44, buy the Pod Farm software to use with the UR44 (expensive and might cause latency issues?); or
  3. Just but a Line 6 UX2 with Pod Farm included and save the trouble?

Also, do I need the UR44 with the loopback feature to be able to live stream audio effects and monitor the audio effects, or will a UR22 be enough? Is loopback more for music over the top of vocals or something?

Thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

The Pod will give you a lot more versatility than the Amp sims included with the UR. The UR hardware is somewhat better spec’d and a tad more versatile then the UX2. Think about your likely future needs. Loopback, again, will increase your versatility - forget the UR22.

Thanks for thr reply! :slight_smile:

Okay, UR22 = forgotten.

So I should buy the UR44, and if I need the versatility of Pod Farm, buy it to use as a plugin.

As long as you can tell me I can use the Pod Farm software with the UR44 without issue (latency etc), I’ll buy the UR44 :slight_smile:

I’m new so I just need the confirmation to be certain I’m understanding what I’m buying will enable me to do what I want.

I’ve used PodFarm in conjunction with a POD Live XT into Cubase and using a UR28M as interface with no problems, I’ve also used it in conjunction with other Interfaces on a Laptop with no Problems, but never explicitly with a UR44. I’ll definitely be trying this at some point, as I’m now using a UR44 on my Laptop, but I can’t imagine why there would be any problem.

Awesome!

Well if it works with the UR28M then it should be fine with UR44.

Thanks for your help, looks like i’ll be buying a UR44 :slight_smile: