First time buying an audio interface for my new PC, but I just need some clarification about what I am trying to achieve and whether or not the UR44 is suitable.
I want to:
- Listen to audio (music, movies, etc.),
- Attach an xlr microphone to stream on Twitch and record YouTube videos,
- Use real time voice effects when streaming/recording (reverb, distortion, etc.),
- Use zero (low) latency monitoring to hear myself as the audience would hear me (with effects).
From what I’ve seen, a majority of people tend to go for the Line 6 Pod UX2 with the Pod Farm 2 software included, but I’m not too convinced about the quality of Line 6’s hardware. Steinberg’s hardware just seems to be really high quality and a solid build.
So what’s my best option?
- Buy a UR44, hope that I can replicate the voice effects of Pod Farm using DSPMixFX and save settings (scenes?) to quickly change voice effects when needed?
- Buy a UR44, buy the Pod Farm software to use with the UR44 (expensive and might cause latency issues?); or
- Just but a Line 6 UX2 with Pod Farm included and save the trouble?
Also, do I need the UR44 with the loopback feature to be able to live stream audio effects and monitor the audio effects, or will a UR22 be enough? Is loopback more for music over the top of vocals or something?