UR44 "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

I’ve just moved house and re setup my studio only my computer won’t let me us my UR44 soundcard. When I plug it in it can’t find or install the drivers. I keep getting the red X rather than the green tick.

Also what’s strange is the device manager.

Shows two Steinberg U44 (with the little speaker icon) one’s fine but the other has the yellow triangle with exclamation mark and says This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I’ve unisntall and reinstall the drivers and its still not working.

Anybody know what’s going wrong?

Thanks.

I just bought my UR242 and suffering the same problem and would like to know as well.

Same problem with my new UR44. (Win7x64)
I installed the latest driver from Steinberg as it shown in the pdf guide couple of times (uninstalled with Revo Uninst), changed different usb composite ports, but I still have the driver twice in the Win7`s Task manager, one of them with code 10…
What is happening here, I never experienced these kind of difficulties when installing new hardware and drivers…

Because no one from the forum experts will reply- here is a solution-

make sure that you turned the CC mode button before start the OS and the interface.

Dont use a USB3 port either.

Thank you for the post about the CC switch. That solved my problem. I think it would be a good idea to not state in the Steinberg instructions that the CC switch can be in either position if you are using a PC. Again…after 4 hours of intense troubleshooting, this reply fixed my issue.

Hey I’m having this problem as well but CC mode is turned off for me. I believe it was turned on one of the times that I tried installing the driver but have since uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still no luck. What do I do :frowning: