UR44C: Can you choose 3 mics with 48 v + 1 without or only pairs? UR22C: 1 with 48v + 1 without?

UR44C: Can you choose 3 mics with 48 v + 1 without or only pairs? UR22C: 1 with 48v + 1 without?

You can only do it in pairs.

However most dynamic microphones would work just fine even if the phantom power is on.

I wouldn’t do it with ribbon or other delicate microphones. You could cause damage.

If you want to be extra careful you could get a phantom blocker.

1 Like

Ok so would you say a Samson Q2U dynamic or a Rode m1 DYnamic are such sensitive mics? I think not since I have to crank up the gain to almost 100 in the mixer on the PIano when connecting to that audio interface. But I care too much about the mics to burn them.

I was just thinking that I could test the sensitivity and if I have to crank up the gain on the UR44/UR22 then I may use Phantom power and turn down the gain and slowly turn it up until the right level. BUt again I don’t have experience with this.

We have 5 mics: 3 Condenser ones and 2 dynamic ones.

Phantom blocker: Expensive and is it mounted on the mic?

The M1 should be fine (I have one) and I guess the Samson should be ok too. A lot of small mixers have a single phantom power switch for all inputs in which case you have no choice if you need to use both condenser and dynamic microphones at once.
Q. Is it safe to apply phantom power to dynamic mics? (soundonsound.com)

1 Like

Great thanks, and for the link too which I will study (well what it links to :smile:).