UR44C General questions

Steinberg had directed me here to ask questions first. I am considering this unit.Can anyone answer …

Does Steinberg have decent support?

Does dspMixFx have the same functionality in Windows as Mac?

Does dspMixFx have the same functionality if you don’t use Cubase (besides in app integration)?

Can the headphone mixes be different from main output?

Can inputs 5 and 6 be used separately for two external preamps and be monitored direct with reverb separately as well (in a mono signal on both sides of headphones or mains)? I have had problems with interfaces not allowing single line inputs to be monitored in both sides of the headphones (some would take the two line ins and make one fixed left and one fixed right unless you monitored through the DAW)

Can a pair of the line outs be used to run signal to a headphone amp and be mixed as I wish including any/all inputs and FX/reverb monitoring?

Is there an ON/Off switch on the unit? How do you turn it off if you are using the 12V adapter to power?

If I have a new computer with USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A inputs. Which would be better to use?

Can the FX be recorded natively after the dry track is recorded if I don’t use Cubase?

You are asking a lot of questions and complaining about support, even if you did not buy one yet.
Yes support from Steinberg is very bad and has been forever.
I understand your frustration, but on the other hand, for your questions just buy one and test it out.
In almost any online shop you can send it back within 30 days.
That’s how i found all my answers for the use of my UR816C. It’s that easy.

I think most of the questions can be answered by downloading the manual.
For the last one, the FX are available as VST plugs for use use in any VST DAW or you MAY be able to Use the UR with an external effect routing to “re+record” the dry audio with the FX. I’m not positive but don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible.

I like to research before I buy something and not be one of those people driving up prices taking every other thing back that they bought because they couldn’t be bothered to read the manual,which by the way, if the answers I was looking for were in there, I wouldn’t be here but they’re not. Why would I want to buy something that doesn’t work for me?

I still like to try things out on a real device after reading reviews, articles and surely the manual. But then trying something out is hard these days since there are no shops in my neighbourhood who sells these, so buying online for some tests is the only way.
I was not totaly happy with the UR816C but still decided to keep it. It could be improved a lot and definitly the manual, as like you said it lacks a lot of clear information.
And support lacks even more.

Hi guys,

I’ve bought one UR44C device to use it in a different way than you are doing.
I want to use it for motor vibrations measurements (using Piezo elements and accelerometers as vibration sensors).
I program audio data acquistion via USB connection (the sensors generate the data, the UC44C amplifies it and transfers it to the PC via USB).
The problem is, I cannot access each individual Input of the UR44C from Windows.
I only get the “Line In (Steinberg)” input which basically allows access only to MIC/HI-Z 1 & 2 (using audio acquisition as Stereo input), but I see no way of accessing e.g. MIC/LINE 3 & 4 or other inputs.

How can I do that? Is there a setting somewhere?
I was expecting to be able to see and access each Line In from the device such as “Input 1”, “Input 2” etc.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Paul