UR44C not recording or finding microphone

Hi Martin
As requested. It is enabled.
Peter

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 5.41.17 pm.png

Hi Martin

I have fixed the mike problem - I needed a new chord! I can now see the levels for the mike now but do not know how to get a recording. Is there something I need to do?

Please see below screen shot:

Thanks

Peter

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 5.21.05 pm.png

Hi,

Sorry, the screenshot is too small, so I don’t see anything. As far as I can see, you get signal to the track, so you can just hit Record button to start the Recording.

Hi Martin
This does not work. Do you know why it says “no object selected”. You can see it just under the preferences.
I do not have the same problem with other software.
What are my options?

Peter

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t know, what you mean. There is very long list of preferences in Cubase. Could you be more specific or attach usable screenshot, please?

The No object selected statement appears, as indicated in the Info Line, when there is no event/part selected for an eventual command to be applied.

It’s not an issue and actually is normal, especially and as your screenshot shows, when the project is empty and the only track set shows an audio signal being monitored. At least, it seems that there is an incoming audio from a mic that is hearable, which is a good point.

As a next step, could you…

• add again an audio track with its Input routing set to the audio interface mic connector receiving the guitar signal ?
  • Then, make a screenshot of it, with the routing section of its inspector visible ?
  • An added screenshot, showing the Studio > Audio connection > Inputs panel would also help.

EDIT - As @Martin.Jirsak suggested, once you are receiving an audio signal in a track with both monitor and record activated, you should be able to record it, simply by clicking on the Transport Record button. So, more precisions about what acually happens, instead of “This not work” would also help…

1 Like

Hi

I can see sound on the guitar which is plugged intoport 3 going into the system. I caanot see an option to record the sound.
Any thoughts on how to record this?
P

Hi,

Hit Record button to start the recording, please.

I just had sort of the same problem using a UR22C with Cubase 12 on a mac-mini ,using Ventura. Turns out I needed to change the right locator to
the length of my song. Use say 20 bars. The two toughing triangle tell me it has no
place to put audio in the song. Just drag only the right the right triangle to the right several inches. Got mine going.