UR44C stereo monitoring

Hi everyone,
I already own a UR22 mkII that works great for my use case, but I wanted to expand the number of inputs available so I thought that the UR44C could be my best fit.
One of the minus of the UR22 is that I can’t get stereo direct monitoring from the inputs and this for me is a big issue, since I also use those inputs to listen music coming from a two channel mixer. Recording is in stereo, but monitoring is in mono. I don’t want to listen to music in mono.
With the UR22C a mono button was introduced on the front panel to switch from mono/stereo monitoring, but the UR44C doesn’t have it, so: how can I get stereo monitoring from the UR44C?

Thanks in advance,
Roberto

If you mean the Mix knob on the UR22 (there’s no stereo mono toggle), it’s not needed on the UR44c.
UR22mkII: Leading in Its Class | Steinberg.

Nope, I’m talking about the “MONO” button on the UR22C, that is not present on the UR44C.

Oh, sorry.

I suppose by linking the channels in dspMixFX?

Oh, I didn’t know the existence of this software. So, if I do this channel linking once through the software, does the interface keep that configuration without that software to be running?

Yes, I believe so.

You may also need to pan the inputs hard left and right (for the linked channels).

1 Like

Of course the “mix” knob is needed on the UR44C just the same as in the UR22C. It is just an annoying omission by Steinberg.