UR816C cannot detect driver

For some reason my UR816C has lost contact with my PC. I have tried everything to re-connect including deleting the driver and downloading the latest version. Even though the driver appears in my list of software the UR816C still can’t see it. It is not listed as a device in the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver Control Panel or in the list of playback devices under the sound icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. I have removed and loaded the driver a million times with USB cables unplugged and the UR816C switched off as per the manual, but still it refuses to see the driver - my USB LED is still blinking. Is anyone able to advise?

I may suggest that the C cable could be an issue. I have had problems with poor quality cables. Hosa still makes good cables. Try the cables with the 3 printed on it. I have also had issues with bad 1/4" input cables creating RFI noise. I replaced with shielded HOSA.

Thanks for that Ray. I eventually resolved this by simply trying different USB ports on my PC - and hey presto it worked first time. So definitely an issue with either the USB cable or USB ports.