UR816c routing questions

Well, if anyone is interested… I’m SLOWLY figuring this out.

1. Okay, with ten output jacks in total, I guess it makes sense that one of those pairs mirrors another when it is advertised as 8 analog outputs.

However… Sending the Mix 1L to headphone 1; Mix 1R to headphone 2, etc. seems to have been wrong-headed.

I found I should have been running UR816C Daw Direct 1 to headphone 1, UR816C Daw Direct 2 to headphone 2, etc. This seems to have sorted a lot of goofiness.

1. Still baffled (and a bit irked) that Control Room cannot be used when monitoring RevX or Morphing channel strip on the input bus. Seriously?!

So, my workaround is to use Mix 1R/L as my main out and select the headphone channel on Mix 1 also. And then - using a short patch cord, physically RE-PATCH the headphone out of the UR816 into an aux input of the headphone amp and send THAT out to the phones in my studio. Geeeeeezzzzzz…

1. I was working on the premise that the DSP-MIX-FX app worked the same way as the old MR Editor with the MR816X. With the old MR Editor, you only needed to use that when you were not using Cubase. Everything - literally everything - including monitoring with REVX reverb using the control room - could be done within Cubase without having to launch the MR Editor editor.

It seems that this DSP-MIX-FX is required to be an adjunct to Cubase. Stuff just doesn’t work properly unless you actually go in and use the adjunct app to support the routing within Cubase.

I’d like to be wrong about that, but I don’t feel like I am.

1. In keeping with my answer to #3, the routing to the headphones cannot be done in Cubase. It must be done in the DSP-MIX-FX app. You’ve got your four tabs along the right - Mix 1, Mix 2, Mix 3, Mix 4. Choose which Mix channels get sent out to the phones out on the UR816C.

Holy hell.

I’m sure this is a great interface, but it has NOT been an easy learning curve - especially given that this seems to be an evolution of the old MR816, you’d think it would work more or less the same way.

As miffed as I am right now, I really do hope I come to love this one as much as the old one.

CT