URGENT: Having some trouble engraving

Hey guys,

I really need some help with some engraving. I have had this issue before, but it’s really important that I get it sorted ASAP.

Basically, I can’t seem to get the last bar of a piece to fit onto what should be the last page in the flow, instead it automatically creates a new page in the flow, despite there being more than enough room on the page for this last bar. I’ve tried system breaks and joining systems and I can’t figure it out. I couldn’t leave the PDF or project file in the attachments for some reason, so I’ll leave some images of the last two pages of the current score here and you can see what I’m talking about on the last page in bar 54.

Thank you so much guys I really appreciate your help,
Louie :slight_smile:

Hi Louie and welcome to the forum!

It should be as simple as inputting a system break at the start of the penultimate system (bar 51), then in Engrave mode, select that system break and activate “Wait for next system break” in the Properties panel at the bottom of the window.

(It’s possible that you weren’t able to upload the PDFs due to the file size.)

Alternatively, you might try simply reducing your note spacing in Layout Options, perhaps setting it to 3 3/4. I find this usually fixes these sorts of “orphaned” systems!

Hi Lillie thank you for welcome! It’s great to be involved in the forum now.

Also, thank you so much for you very swift reply, what you said would work, did in fact work, thank you so much!!!

Have a great day.

Best wishes,
Louie