Urgent help please...

Yes, actually Mathias was in touch with me and suggested a troubleshooting method, involving Steinberg’s FTP server.
I’ve been trying… :astonished:
This what I’m getting :
SB FTP.JPG

Well…thanx for trying SB , but after a few days FTP access is still not available :open_mouth:
Honestly as of now I no longer care and working with 7.035 without crashes and living with the known bugs.

PT 12.4 would be my other option which works fine, but it would take me a couple of days to reacquaint myself
with key commands, readjust workflow and my ( vanilla ) version has no way to mix a 5.1 project…

I am sincerely hoping the developers @ Steinberg will be thorough with testing the next update !

Hi Andrew,

I have talked to Mathias about your problem.
In general I’d suggest you follow up with your problem directly in pm and not on this forum. :wink:

Cheers,
Armand

Noted and thanx .
Actually I did just that earlier today.

Not all the developers are checking out the forum regularly.

Just looked at your screenshot though. Did you also try to connect with FileZilla?

Not sure, but a system restore might help…

Hi people !
This nastiness never got resolved, had to bring back the previous system drive image. I’ve been working happily with N 7.035 since.
BUT…I was also wondering how would the new 7.1 work out ?
I did the upgrade. A few hours into an edit session the exact same crash again :astonished: :imp: Same details as I’ve posted in this thread earlier.
I am not pursuing a fix this time. BAck to 7.035 and enjoy my short remaining life :wink:

I feel for you. 7.1 running with no problems here on my max.

Danke Oliver,

In all honesty current incarnations of DAW’s offer so much more than what we’ve had even 5 years ago. Our work has been done before and being done now as well. I am not the type who tweaks all day long nor the one who needs all the latest of everything.
Something must have been added/changed under the hood since N 7.040 that makes my projects crash. The PC configuration has not changed, all previous Nuendo sessions ( and PT 12.4 ) runs like a champ for days .

take care :slight_smile:

I feel the need to bring this thread of mine up-to-date;

After trying a clean install of N 7.1 again, I was surprisingly able to work ( edits only ) for a good part of 3 hours…then BAMM ! Another crash.
Went straight back to restore last good working system drive image that has a solid N 7.035 install. I’m not a PC nerd only a simple old audio professional working TV post full time.

If you could direct me step by step what I should try next, as I am willing to take another shot going with the 7.1 update. ( that and 7.040) did not work before. The interesting thing is…when last crashed my error message was different. That wasn’t saved as I went straight to system restore.
As said…I’m willing to give it another shot…and if happens again ( likely will ) I’d like to submit the crash log .
Whom to ? What link ?? Are there any known “under the hood” changes going N 7.035 to N7.040 ???

Any and all help is appreciated.

Well nice people…
Since I was not able to successfully run anything past N 7.035 … I have ventured into downloading, and installing v7.1.20 last week.
I was happily working away until just today. It crashed while editing.
I would need to somehow get to the bottom of this.
Have the crash log , please explain how to submit for analyzing, Whom to ?

appreciated

Steinberg :question:

I was desperate and went back ( yet once more ) to my rock solid N7.035.
I honestly feel deserted, left alone in sourcing out what these recent Nuendo crashes mean. I need Steinberg’s response on where the error logs can be sent and have looked at.

Yes, I do know the “official” channels, went through it before. 2-3 weeks to get bounced back to Yamaha Canada, and back again to head office, and receive no outcome… really :cry:

UPDATE…

I’ve received some help form Lindsay / Steinberg at Yamaha Canada /
He’s advice was to uninstall and update the ATI display driver and related files.
I am 90% happy, only occasional crashes these days ( running N 7.1.20 )…still happening though once in every two days or so.
I’ve changed my pref to backup more often and upped the backup counts from 1 to 4. So far …workable.
I am still investigating and any help you might be able to offer would be great and appreciated. :slight_smile:

edit >> it seem to happen when edit really quick. And importing audio files from different locations, I usually have 3-4 drives online all the time. That might be a clue :question: :question: