I very recently bought Cubase Pro 8.5 (Education Software Version) but I’m having problems with the usb eLicenser. When I connect it to a usb port of my computer the light shows up for about 10 seconds then dies out immediately. In the eLCC it does not appear in the “My Licenses & Devices”, only the Soft-eLicenser, which does not grant me the opportunity to add the Cubase license to it.
I have tried the following things already, without any positive results:
- delete all usb drivers previously installed
- uninstall and re-install Cubase Pro 8.5
- uninstall and re-install the eLicenser Control Center (both normal installation and with administration permissions)
- updated all drivers of my computer (audio, video, usb etc…)
- all my external HDs and USB sticks work perfectly on the same computer, only the eLicenser does not
- tried all different usb slots, both on the computer and the usb external hub
My computer is an HP currently running Windows 10.
Thank you !