USB-eLicenser problems

I currently have 3 licenses on my USB-eLicenser.
One of them is Cubase Pro 9. Highlighted in red is also a Cubase Pro 9 Trial version which has expired on 2017-05-01. Before it expired I upgraded from Cubase Elelements 9 tot Cubase Pro 9.
I have not found a way to remove the Cubase Pro Trial version and the statement I read somewhere on this forum that it is automatically removed does not seem to work on my USB dongle.

In activating my Absolute 3 software I ran into this error message:

" License Download

At least one of the eLicensers used during this process was disabled and cannot be used for any license transactions. Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue."

Furthermore the online synchronization & maintenance option in the Elicenser Control Center (latest version Mac) gives this error message:

“Step 3: FAILED (Validating License Usage Periods)”

I have been told it is a USB dongle problem and have not been able to fix it despite the given troubleshooting suggestions from Steinberg. My dongle is one of the latest version btw.
Anyone here who ran into the same problem and has been able to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

In the meantime I have ordered a new USB-eLicenser and have activated and registered my Absolute 3 software; could not be done on the old USB-eLicenser.

Also tried to transfer all my other licenses to the new USB-eLicenser, but unfortunately get this error message:

“At least one of the eLicensers used during this process was disabled and cannot be used for any license transactions. Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue.”, which drives me crazy.

I issued a support-ticket to Steinberg a day ago (no response yet :neutral_face: ) and today issued another one - which I hope - may speed up things.

What are your experiences with this problem and how it can or should be handled?

Issued a support ticket 2 days ago, but up till now no response.
Coming from PreSonus I must say that customer support there is very good and efficient!
All my support tickets have been answered the same day and one even on the easter weekend when the office was actually closed.
The only thing that made me switch to Cubase is that their DAW suites my needs as a composer better.
So Steinberg, get your act together!

Still no response on none of my 2 issued support-tickets.
It’s been 4 days now!

Very disappointing first experience with Steinberg support!

Unfortunately I seem to be the only one responding on my cry for help.
Steinberg has doozed in it seems; will give them a wake-up phonecall tomorrow.

In the meantime if any of you out here has come accross the same problem (see prior postings), please share your experiences and maybe solutions.

Generally speaking I’m in favour of the USB dongle protection, but in times when problems arise, an alert customer policy would be the least on would expect. This sucks big time!!

Concerning the trial license… Those can’t be removed. It is how they prevent the trial from being used over and over.

Concerning the “disabled” elicenser, how did you come by it? “Disabled” sounds like it may have been reported lost or stolen and the elicenser server “flagged” it or something. If your licenses are registered on MySteinberg, you may be able to recover them on your new eLicenser.

Hi Jaslan,

Thanks for your response.
Currently I am not able to transfer my licenses from the “old” USB-eLicenser to the new one.
As I mentioned earlier, I get an error-message. However I can use al the licensed software without any problem.

I haven’t seen any info concerning recovering my licenses to my new eLicenser.
If this is just a matter of a few steps I can take myself, then the problem can be solved easily.

Why Steinberg has not responded to none of my support requests for 5 days now, is a big question.

I think I see. So the old eLicenser is functional at least to the point that you can use it but you just can’t transfer the licenses. I really don’t know what else to say about that. The license recovery information is in Your MySteinberg account. Look at the Zero Downtime process but, if your licenses are working enough for you to use the software, I wouldn’t activate the Zero Downtime as it may have a limit on number of uses or other unforeseen drawbacks. Hopefully, Steinberg will respond soon. Depending on what country you are in, they may be very busy.

Steinberg support just responded and are looking into the reason the USB-eLicenser is blocked.
Hope things are resolved soon.

Great! Hopefully a solution soon…

I’m so happy to see this post.
Same situation here.
my USB e-licenser is the latest short version.
I can’t transfer my licenses to my spare one,
either activate new product on it.

Franklinspired did you resolve this issue?

Just curious, what does it mean: “Depending on what country you are in, they may be very busy.” ???

Was this issue resolved? I also have the same problem.

It’s been a while ago and in the meantime I made a new user account, but Steinberg technical support helped with these instructions:

"I temporarily re-enabled both of your USB-eLicensers, please use the activation codes below to delete the licenses:

0240 XXX
0240 XXX

If you have any technical troubles, please let me know - license deletion codes are not commonly used.
The first one should delete the Pro 9 license altogether, but it was not tested in case of licenses that were upgraded twice, so please let me know how you get on.
Deletion codes are used exactly like common activation codes.

Once you confirm, the USB-eLicensers will be unflagged and permanently unblocked, so you can keep on using both.
No actions required in MySteinberg, which will update and reflect the changes as soon as it syncs to the eLicenser server"

This solved the problem I had.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for this.