Use Project Logical Editor To Change Tempo

Is it possible to use the logical editor to create tempo changes, every bar, in a selected range?

Ideally, I would like to be able to select a range, and then apply a logical editor preset that would add a tempo change at the start of every bar in that range - and for bonus points - each tempo change would be +/- a set value.

Any ideas if it’s possible at all?

Hi,

You can use Project Logical Editor to change the Tempo Event values. But you cannot create the Tempo Events.

( Media Type Is | Equal | Tempo )

Would be nice to be able to input tempo values like you can do with velocities.

+1 as a feature request

Hi,

What exactly do you mean? You cannot insert any values by using Project Logical Editor. You can always just transform them.

If you want to add a feature request, add the optional feature-request tag to your post, please.

It would be great if I could hit a key command and insert a new tempo at a certain value. Example: a key command to insert a new tempo at 70. Another key command for 120 etc. etc.

And I would love to add the tag, but have no idea how to do it. :frowning:

I occasionally use a pre-populated Tempo Track with a Tempo Event every Bar (Beat or whatever). All set to the same value so it functions the same as a Fixed Tempo. But now since the Events don’t need to be created I can easily use the PLE to modify them.

Woah, that’s a really interesting solution!

You can create tempo events using the logical editor. I’ll put a link to how below. I sorta want to be able to wrap that up and loop it over and over again I na selection range though. So you would save the below link as a preset, and then in a new logical editor preset you would loop through the range triggering that other preset… If that makes sense?

2 Likes