Use UR22mkII to listen to PC Audio Output via headphones

Hello everyone,

I am using a UR22mkII interface with Cubase AI/LE 9 to do some home recordings. I am also parallelly going through some tutorials on YouTube to learn Cubase. So I have my headphones plugged into the headphone jack of the UR22 (no line outputs connected). If I have a project with some tracks open in Cubase I can hear them fine. However, when I play something from YouTube I cannot hear it on the headphones. I tried many things before having to post it here. So my question is:

How do I make the UR22 to function as a “sound card” so that I can just plug in my headphones and/or line-out to it and still listen to PC audio output (youtube, music, itunes etc.) AND listen to all the output from the DAW when recording.

Thanks!

Try enabling the “Release Driver when Application is in Background” option (Studio → Studio Setup → VST Audio System).

@Scab - thanks for the input. I had to upload the driver and it worked after that!

:sunglasses:

Hi, Can you explain in more details what you have done here?
I just bought Steinberg UR22C and connected my headphones using a 3.5mm to 6mm adapter into the phone jack. But I cannot hear any system sound (eg: I cannot hear any audio from Youtube videos).