Using Behringer X Touch with Cubase?

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience of using the Behringer X Touch control surface with Cubase? I’ve seen a few comments and videos on line that indicate the display doesn’t work with Cubase? What are people’s experiences with the X Touch? Good or bad?

I’m considering buying one but can’t decide between it and the icon Platform M+ which is around the same price and seems quite similar.

Many thanks!

Mike

1 Like

I’m considering buying one but can’t decide between it and the icon Platform M+ which is around the same price and seems quite similar.

they have more differences then you might think

X-Touch has network ports, Platform does not
Platform has no display and also no level meters, you have to buy it extra but still no meters
the feeling of the faders and encoders is better on the Platform

1 Like

I asked to Thomann why the Xtouch lcds doesn’t reflect the tracks colors from cubase.
Behreinger answered if you want colors in lcd like track colors, it only works with Xctrl protocol…not with MC or HUI protocols…
I’m angry about it.
Behinger said you can put up to 64 tracks remoted with xtouch in Cibase in commercials, but it seems that cubase doesn’t accept more than an Xtouch+1 extender in USB mode…!!! second time I’m angry.
If anybody has solved those issues…i’d love to know how

First I’ve ever heard of this. Just checked the very skimpy X-Touch Manual & found nothing there.

1 Like

For the first issue, it’s a limitation of the MC/HUI protocols so we have to live with.

For the second one, it seems from Cubase point of view that all X-Touch extenders are using the same name using the USB Protocol so it is not possible to run more than one extender due to the fact we can’t rename it and Cubase only sees one. However there is a workaround to solve this issue: use the LAN to connect more than one X-Touch extender to Cubase, it will work that way. Check this link
Hope this helps.