Using Dorico and Cubase on multiple computers?

Hello all,

New to the forum. I’m currently using Dorico 3.5 Pro and Cubase Elements. When I’m at home in my own studio, I prefer to use my desktop computer, but on the go, it would be nice to be able to use them on my laptop. Is there any way to simultaneously activate on two devices?

Thanks,
S

Yes, you can place the eLicenser on a USB key and use it on as many devices as you need.

There is coming very shortly a new licensing system that, among other things, will allow you to use Dorico on two machines without a USB key.

And there is one drawback with the USB key that Dan did not mention : once a license is on the USB key, you can’t move it back anymore to the Soft-eLicenser.

Hello @Ulf and colleagues,
Yes, we can use the USB eLicenser in order to run Dorico and/or Cubase on multiple computers, but unfortunately we are always limited to run Dorico, or Cubase on a single computer at a time. We can’t have them active on two or more computers simultaneously. I hope with the next generation of licensing this situation will be improved. Very often I need to run them on my Workstation and laptop simultaneously after scoring out of my studio. There is another downside of the current licensing, if one forgets to take the USB dongle he/she is in trouble…
In order everything to work fine we need to ask the team for extended trial licenses. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

Hi @Thurisaz,
yes, we are fully aware of all this aspects and the new licensing system will cover all.
We are making good progress and it won’t be that far away anymore until it is ready to be deployed, though I can’t tell anything about the schedule. All I can say is, a little more patience, please. Thanks

4 Likes

Danke schon, for the information, Ulf! :slight_smile: We are patient, don’t worry about that.
Take care!

Cheers,
Thurisaz :slight_smile: