Using elastique pro

please tell me this isn’t only possible in the stupid “sample editor” window? does the regular time stretch tool in the project window still use the MPEX algo?

Hello,

You can for example select for each track which algo you want zo use. Some more details can be found in the operation manual at page 259

Cheers,

Chris

yes, but it appears that you can only use elastique from within the sample editor exclusively? hopefully I’m wrong…

Hello,

Have a look in the Pool Window

Cheers,

Chris

Oh I see. so now when I change the algo in the pool window, the time stretch tool (as in, the tool that says “sizing applies time stretch”) will use elastique?

if so, that makes my day. the only thing that could make it better, is how can I make that the default behavior?

bump

In preferences is your default timestretch algo set to realtime?

Any new audio I record or import to a new project seems to default to Elastic pro.

Of course if you are working with projects started pre C6 Elastic wasn’t available so you’ll need to change the algo yourself.

EDIT

Oh I see. so now when I change the algo in the pool window, the time stretch tool (as in, the tool that says “sizing applies time stretch”) will use elastique?

& Yes.

weird. i wonder why elastique isn’t an option in the preferences menu?

Realtime is Elastic in this case. (Well it’s whatever is selected for that file at sample editor or Pool)
But yes it’s kind of odd the others are selectable by name there while Elastic can only be selected from Pool or Sample Editor.

I don’t think this is right. I tried it out and it sounds like ass and processes instantaneously. I’m really beginning to fear elastique is only available in the sample editor window…

Hmmnn…I saw a post some time ago from one of the programmers explaining it. Will see if I can find it.

Just to confirm your exact repro:

in preferences/audio you have it set to realtime & in the pool or sample editor you set it to Elastic pro but if you stretch in the project window using sizing applies time stretch it isn’t sounding good??

How much are you stretching? What sort of artefacts are you hearing?

EDIT: Found it

hmm. interesting. thanks for all the help so far man.

anyway, it’s just a weird tonal thing, especially on bass. I could probably post a clip later.

also the fact that it processes literally INSTANTLY makes me suspicious that it isn’t using elastique…unless its just a really efficient algorithm?