Using electronic drum kit as input device

I am considering getting myself an electronic drum kit. Most of them have usb through midi, and can connect to laptop to trigger things like Ezdrummer (for example). What I want to know is can I connect it to IPad and use it in Cubasis? Don’t want to use Ezdrummer obviously. :slight_smile:

Hi @gordonrobb,

Thanks for your message.

Normally, it should work to use your drum kit with Cubais, when being connected to a class compliant audio device which is connected to the iPad.

To trigger the drum sounds from Cubasis (or a 3rd party AU drum app loaded in Cubasis) with your kit, it might be required that the drum kit allows to manually change single instruments assignments.

Hope that helps to answer your question!

Best,
Lars

Ah bugger it. I forgot about that class compliant thing. Will need to look into it more.

Hi @gordonrobb,

Ah bugger it. I forgot about that class compliant thing. Will need to look into it more.

Please keep us updated about your drum kit iOS project!

Best,
Lars

Hello. I want to purchase the cubasis for Android.
I have a Motorola 8core 2.4 ghz 8 GB ram
I want it to record drums via MIDI electronic drums and make a midi drum track to Open on a drum vst… Can i do it?
Thanks.

Hi @silviogaetti,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Please give our freely downloadable Cubasis LE Trial version a try. This app version lets you test a smaller feature set of Cubasis with your given Android devices to make sure everything works as expected, before purchasign the full Cubasis version.

Please let me know if this helps!

Best,
Lars