Using Glue to put together vocal pieces

Hello.

when I record vocals, I often end up with several vocal pieces on the same track. Some of them overlap for overdubbing, or for retakes. When I am done, I want to put them all back together into a single piece. I thought you would use the Glue tool to do this, but so far I haven’t figured out how.

I don’t see how to do this. I can click on select and it looks like I have highlighted all the track pieces, but the Glue tool remains dim.

How can I combine all the audio segments on a track, especially when they overlap, into a single audio segment.

Thank you for any help with this.

Glenn

Never mind…It appears that you can use Freeze to do this. No need to respond if this is correct.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for your message and reply.

Yes, we do recommend using Track Freeze to glue several audio events into a single audio event.

In addition, please note that there is a “Unfreeze Deletes Audio Track” setup option (located under Setup/Mixdown Freeze), which should be pretty helpful for your usecase.

Leaving this option “unchecked”, leads to keeping the audio file when tapping the freeze button again (to unfreeze the track).

Might give it a try, if you haven’t already…

Best,
Lars