Using M-Audio oxygen pro mini in Cubasis 3 for Android

Hello everyone! I recently purchased an M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini to use as my MIDI controller for Cubasis 3 on an Android device. Has anyone set this up yet or have any tips? Please provide.

Thanks,
Rome

Hi Rome,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

While we did not have your mentioned device in our hands, you might want to give our MIDI controller tutorial a check, to find out if it helps for a proper setup:

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Thank you Lars! I will be sure to check this out.

1 Like

Hi @Sinfonian76 ,

Thank you Lars! I will be sure to check this out.

It would be great to know about your outcome, using the Oxygen to control Cubasis!

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Hello Lars! As it turns out, the M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini has a preset for Cubase and works flawlessly and is fully customizable in Cubasis 3. This is perfect for ideas on the go. Outstanding!!!

Hi @Sinfonian76,

Thanks for your message and update!

Hello Lars! As it turns out, the M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini has a preset for Cubase and works flawlessly and is fully customizable in Cubasis 3. This is perfect for ideas on the go. Outstanding!!!

We’re very glad to read that the M-Audio Oxygen Cubase preset works fine with Cubasis!

Thanks again!

Enjoy making music
& stay healthy,
Lars

Hello there,

Yes it’s right i can customize it by myself, but i would like more to get a final preset to load into the oxygen or cubasis 3.
I’m not the professional and it’s veeeeeeery hard for me to customize it by myself.
I wish I had a tutorial, help or final preset for loading.

Hi @Marcus_Weichel,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis allows to save own MIDI Learn presets.

Here is the link to the MIDI Learn chapter in the additional online version of the Cubasis in-app helps: Setup

In addition, please also check out our available MIDI Learn tutorial:

In regards to see an official Oxygen preset, you might get in touch with M-Audio to let them know about your wish. Of course, we’re at hand to have them equipped with a promo code for testing and development.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Hello @LSlowak ,

Your answer was just a little bit helpful.
Because there’s no way to find and insert a final working preset into cubasis, i have to do it by myself.

So that’s why I’m now an bit more professional, because I learned to adjust the cubasis and with the preset editor to adjust the m-audio.

Unfortunately the more I work with the possibilities of cubasis, the more I see, i got the wrong software her.
I planned to leave cubasis and to work with an other studio solution of the market.

If i had a chance to give a very helpful feedback with must have features of the next version, i had the following points.

1. I would like to record my music in loop’s and if i setup my first Instrument in the first line of cubasis, i can press the record button and play the line.
    But if i set up my second line and start recording and i play a key on my keyboard, cubasis play the first and second line together…
    That’s not useful…

2. On my keyboard is a incremental knob. (Endless)
    I wish I could use them to switch through the instruments. So i don’t need a look or interaction with cubasis and keep my hands on the midi controller.

3. I wish if i switch to a line, i have 8 potentiometer on my Midi controller, i could use them to adjust the used instrument in this line. Doesn’t matter what kind…
    An drum set, a piano, or synthesizer.
    Every sound generator should have 8 main knobs to adjust it. Maybe you can say which knob for what in every instrument in midi learn mode.

4. I wish I could split my keyboard inside cubasis.
    This option is a included option of many Midi controller in a bit higher price class, but if you have the possibility inside cubasis, maybe you can use it to play in different lines with different sections of your keyboard.
    So you could play different Instruments and octaves in the same moment on your keyboard.

Hi can you ten me on what device you use oxygen and if it need external power?

Hi @Michal_Kleger,

You may get in touch with M-Audio to check back with them directly about their Oxygen device. If required, we’re at hand to have them equipped with a Cubasis promo code for testing purposes.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi. I have asked Arturia minilab mk3 the same question. Tech guy gave me an anwser:

Jan 9, 2023, 14:37 GMT+1

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your interest in MiniLab 3!

• The MiniLab 3 is class compliant for MIDI so it will work as any other MIDI devices.

• Indeed we have not made any extensive tests on Android as the controller is not made for that, but I tried on my Android phone just now and worked well with a basic free app.

For that you will need the proper cable, on my case an USB C to USB C cable and to activate the OTG settings in the parameters.

Please note that no bundled or any Arturia software will work on Android, so for any update you will need to install on Windows or Mac.

So it seems to be good
Mike