using MT powerdrum kit 2

I use Mt Power Drum kit 2 to create most of my drum tracks. In watching their video, they showed a way to have the MT plugin play drums sounds using other plugins…and I’ve been having a hell of a time trying to get it to work but I have been trying to use it with Grove Agent and maybe that is the problem. I’ve tried coupling it to together with another MIDI track but can’t seen to get to work either. If anyone has had any experience getting this to work I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks, Dominick

Hi,

I don’t know the plug-in but if you feet it from MIDI/Instrument track, you can just send the very same MIDI data to different instrument. If you are using a pattern from the plug-in, you can most probably export it from the plug-in to an instrument track, where had been other instrument used.

Martin,

thank you for taking the time to respond. It is much appreciated. Yes I’m slowly figuring out how the routing schemes work and how to get things work correctly. I have found that it is just as easy for me to create the drum track using MT Powerdrums and then just move the entire track into a Groove Agent track and go from there. The one thing that did throw me at first was not realizing there was a difference in some of the individual drum sound mapping notes but after I knew what edits I needed to make it all fell into place nicely. There are a lot of powerful options that I am still learning about and how to utilize and I’ve been using Cubase for over 2 years now, and this can be a little overwhelming for a old analogue tape guy! And I am only the Elements version and can’t begin to imagine how much more is available in the Artist and Pro versions.

Thanks again for your time! I hope you have good Holiday Season.
Dominick