Using multiple audio clips on an audio track

Hi,
I’m considering purchasing Cubasis, but can’t seem to find any info on this anywhere -including the manual.
I’d like to know if it fits my workflow, so:

If you have multiple samples on an audio track, can you overlap the audio on a track, and if you can do they cross fade from one to the other?

(I’m not looking for workarounds if it isn’t possible -as I know you could have overlapping pieces of audio on a different track and other ways around this, but I know that some systems (which seem to work better with me) allow for overlapping audio clips on an audio track and can cross fade them which allows for rapid work when putting together very short segments together for effects of correcting an instrument performance. )

Many thanks Cubasis people!
Funkspace

Hi Funkspace,

Thanks for your message.

As of yet, Cubasis does not support crossfades, but you’re easily able to create fades via the events handles.

If you want to try it out yourself, please download Cubasis LE for free in the App Store, which offers a thirty minute demo mode.
However, please keep in mind that Cubasis LE offers less features than Cubasis.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for the prompt response :slight_smile:
Does this mean that two audio clips can overlap on the same audio track?
If so, that’s fantastic as I don’t mind manually crossfading them.

Hi Funkspace,

Audio events can overlap on the same track in Cubasis, but you will hear them play back at once (think of a looper).
You might give it a try yourself in the Cubasis LE demo mode, to see if it works the way you want it to be.

Best,
Lars

Thanks so much Lars. Yes, I was able to get multiple audio clips overlapping and also setting fade handles for each clip -all on the same track. That’s something I haven’t been able to do on Reason yet on a PC and it’s been holding back my flow! I’m impressed that Cubasis will do this! Many thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi Funkspace,

Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear this.

Due to Black Friday, Cubasis and the Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP comes at 50% off, alongside great offers for the remaining in-app purchases (offer runs until Nov 30, 2018).

Best,
Lars