Using Pro and Elements on the same computer

I am currently running 10 on a desktop PC and laptop using the usb license to switch. Recently my son has been doing a lot of his own work when I’m not around so I’m considering picking up elements 10 while it’s on sale but I need to know if I can have Pro and Elements installed on the desktop simultaneously. The plan is that when I’m not home I can use Pro with the usb license on the laptop and he can use elements with the soft or usb license on the desktop. Just can’t find an answer to whether or not I’ll have a problem installing elements if Pro is already installed. Thanks!

Hi and welcome,

Yes, you can have Cubase Pro and Cubase Elements installed on the same computer.

Just be careful when you will activate your Cubase Elements (Enter Activation Code in the eLicenser Control Center). While doing this, unplug your USB-eLicenser, otherwise the Cubase Elements license would be stored to the USB-eLicenser too. And there is no way, how to move the license down from the USB-eLicenser to the Soft-eLicenser.

Thank you so much!!! That’s exactly what I was hoping for!