Using the TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 as an Insert in Cubase 5

I just bought me recently a VoiceLive 2 Vocal/Effect processor, and I have been into different forums to try figuring things out…

What I wanna do is, to do like Tom Lang at TC Electronic does in this video:

This really amazes me, what this box really can do for me, as long as I can make it work…

I really wanna do like Tom Lang does with this,he’s using it as an insert processor…But here is where I am having some hard time…
This, I found on TC Electronic’s homepage:

http://www.tc-helicon.com/voicelive-2-total-tutorial-pack/

Go down to Video number 7, and then see what it says there…

This is for the Cubase version…

But then I found this on a site:

http://www.emusician.com/keys/0779/steinberg-cubase-5--use-external-hardware-as-a-vst-plug-in/139460

So, I am a little bit confused on what is going on, and how to make this work…

Cuz, what happens is that, when I go ahead and create an external FX, all the Audio Device( AISO 4ALL) and Device Port ( VoiceLive2), turns to "NOT CONNECTED…So, I am not sure what is happening and what I have to do, in order to make this work…

Another thing is that the TC-forums are saying that, "It would be solved if you get ext fx working and if you monitor through cubase, your live or playback could go to the VL2.

What that usually requires for me is to find the actual physical input and output that my interface is using to connect to the device.
Then delete any bus that’s using those I/O in VSTconnections. Or you can leave the bus and just disconnect it from any source if you want to change it back later.

Then when you make an External FX those ports will be available. For the VL2 my setup is S/Pdif in and S/Pdif out."…

What I want for short is, to use the VL2 as an insert, like Tom Lang did. As I am a little newbie, I need to know how to do everything within the Cubase 5.But the question is, do you have to use the Digital Ouput on VoiceLive 2 as input for the external effect? I have connected Jacks into the L and R Output, into the Input Channel nr. 5 and 6 on my Tascam DM4800 board…How do I go from here? As information, I am using the TASCAM DM4800 studiomixer/ Controller…