Using VST connection user preset as default connections

Hello! This is my first post

Is there a way to use a “vst connections” preset as default that applies on all new projects? At this time whenever I create a new project and create a new audio track, the I/O are missing, so I have to go to vst connections, select my preset and then go back to the project.

Using Cubase 8,5 / OSX El captain / Mac Mini (I7)

Thanks,

Phil

You can save your preferred project start point including vst connections as a template and create new projects from the template. (WHich will appear in the More tab of project assistant when you select new project from file menu.

You could probably overwrite the “Empty” project template somehow so it sticks as default for new projects whenever you say create empty though I haven’t actually tried this.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try this. I still find this strange since I thought VST connections were a “set and forget” setting.

Regards,
Phil

No…VST connections are saved with the project. Not sure but it may not have been that way once.

You could probably overwrite the “Empty” project template somehow so it sticks as default for new projects whenever you say create empty though I haven’t actually tried this.

I’ve tried this approach but that does not work when transitioning to Cubase 9.
I’ve created the setup in Cubase 8.5 and saved this as a preset inside VST Connections and as a empty Project template.
Cubase 9 could open the song but the setup still remained empty. Now i have to take a desktop snapshot and recreate it myself.
It’s not a big deal but there must be a different place were this configuration gets stored. :question:

Hello,

I think I have (nearly) the same issue with my VST-Connections. I like to use my own setting of VST-Connections in a template.
But every time I create a new Project from the template I have to load my VST-Connections again.
And: After a while I have a long list of ‘default’ entries (all have the name ‘default’) under my own settings in the VST-Connections list.
I deleted them but, after a while there are again a lot of ‘default’ entries.

I’m using Cubase 9.

Questions:

1. How can I use a default with my settings (in a template)?
  2. Why do I get so much ‘default’ entries in the VST-Connecting list?

Best regards,
    Tyaetsch