Using Wavelab Element after Update to Pro

Hi

I updated an Element license to a Pro, and I was wondering If I can use my element on my laptop where I don’t need the Pro version and I don’t wanna carry my USB dongle around. I don’t see my element serial number in my account though, only the Pro one.
Is this possible?

Best
K

With the license on the pro dongle, you can run either WaveLab Pro or Elements.

1 Like

Thank you, then is it possible to authorize it on my laptop with leaving my USB dongle at home. Or Can I de-authorize the USB and authorize both computer as they won’t be running at the same time?

Well, I don’t know these details. Try, but normally, you can only run on the computer where the dongle is plugged.

Thanks I’m gonna check If I can un-authorize the USB, then authorize the computer via hard drive.

So it seems it is not possible. We can only authorize one computer with soft e-licenser and once a license is on a USB dongle it cannot be moved to a soft e-licencer.
That is really something Steinberg should look into. All the other apps I’m using let me use two different computer without the need for a physical dongle (even with Ilok)
There is no way I’m gonna take my USB dongle around with, loosing it would put me in deep trouble workwise. I cannot take that risk. And being another licence is just unfair.

Steinberg has announced that they are developing a new licensing system that will allow all their products to run without a dongle. There is no timeframe for this at present, though.

When you upgraded WaveLab to WaveLab Pro, you gave up your WaveLab Elements licence in exchange for a WaveLab Pro licence. WaveLab Pro licences must live on a USB eLicenser under the current licensing system (WaveLab Elements licences can live on a soft eLicenser or a USB eLicenser). This means the only way you can run WaveLab with your current licence is to have the dongle plugged in.

I have a similar problem to you. My USB eLicenser has Nuendo 11 and WaveLab Pro 10 licences, so I cannot use two major applications without my dongle.

Does Steinberg’s Zero Downtime help? If your licence(s) are registered in My Steinberg, and you lose a USB eLicenser or have it stolen, you can get an immediate temporary licence and replacement permanent licence shortly afterwards. Ideally, you need to buy a spare USB eLicenser so that you have a replacement ready to set up if you ever have to make a Zero Downtime claim.

thanks.
Yes I didn’t know about the the zero downtime thing I’m gonna check it as I’m going away for a few month and I will definitely need to bring my license with me, I would not want to loose it all.
Regarding the new licensing system, I do hope they won’t go for the rental as all those companies do, living on credit is a no go for me