Uvi sparkverb crash

Hi Guy’s,

Recently cubase 11.0.41 on m1 mac mini bigsur with latest update crash and freez with distortion loud sound and then crash.

Sometimes with small project (keyscape & audio track)

I try uninstall sparkverb and install it again with same issue.

Can anyone help me please.

Hi,

Could you provide the *.crash file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Hi,

These is the crash Reports

Cubase 11_2021-12-20-205925_Baders-Mac-Mini.crash (167.9 KB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Thank you so much.

Hi,

Do you please have more details about the crash? When does it happen? When you open/close the plug-in GUI or when you insert the plug-in or any other action?

Thank you

Hi,

No it’s already insert in track, but randomly after like half hour it start loud noise and freeze and crash, Random project and sometimes on another project with same plugin no crash.

I send the crash log to UVI and they said,

(After verification with our team I can confirm that Sparkverb is not the cause of the crash corresponding to the Cubase crashlog you have forwarded us (Sparkverb is not mentioned in the crashed thread 0).

I invite you to forward this crashlog to the Steinberg support to see if they can retrieve more information,

Can you please indicate me what exactly makes you think that Sparkverb is causing this issue?

Have you identified specific actions in Sparkverb that systematically cause Cubase to crash?

I look forward to hearing from you.
All the best from Paris,
Support Team)

These is the first time on my life has issue with UVI SparkVerb.

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I didn’t say, the crash is on the UVI side. :wink: I just asked for more details to understand the crash better. I can confirm, the crash is on Cubase side, but so far it’s unfortunately not 100% clear when and how does this crash happen. Therefore I asked for more details.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the misunderstand,
I was think you need the message support from UVI to be sure that the issue not with the plugin.

Like i said some sessions work and sometime crash with loud distortion sound and freeze and the fader of the track and the master lag with full volume and then crash.

1 Like