V10.0.10, the non-unmixed layer?

Hey,
Each time I make a unmix of a song, I always get very fine stuttering in the non-unmixed layer?
Not really sure of what it is, and why I get this fine - what is sounding as 1/64 audio stuttering of the bits and pieces in the non-unmixed layer?! It’s not there continuesly, but through most of the layer.

I didn’t hear the same thing in RipX, though it also had a layer with non-unmixed material.

Non-Unmixed is what the AI couldn’t identify as sounds or instruments. It’s different from the Other layer, which contains sounds and instruments that the AI was able to identify. As far as I know, RipX doesn’t have a Non-Unmixed layer, it only has an Other layer.
The Non-Unmixed layer guarantees that all the layers summed together are equal to the original mix.
Feel free to rebalance the sounds you identify in the Non-Unmixed layer using selection tools to other layers such as Vocals, Drums, Piano, Guitar, Bass, Other.

I have just found out that you can solo the non-unmixed layer and do another “Unmix Song…” on it.

This gave me excellent results for a song (guitar/bass/drums) where remnants of bass/drums were present in the N-U layer which were almost perfectly separated in the second run. Very nice!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for this info.
Never thought, that this could be unmixed again for useful information.

I’ll try it out :slight_smile:
SLL